Monday, September 29, 2008

Blog #6 Ratings

"On keeping a Notebook"


1) 4 - The essay was focused on the notebook and the benefits of keeping a notebook. 2) 3.5 - 3) 1 ;4)1 & 5)- This essay was very clear on the purpose the auther wrote it. It gave references on the benefits and libalities of keeping a notebook. The author was very straight forward and the title tells exactly what the essay is about.





"Superman and Me"


Subject at hand (4) - Literary devices (3.5) - Plot, Action, Character, Dialogue (4)


Circling (4.5) - Organization (4) - Presentation of Experience (5) - Innovation and Experimental


form (2) - This essay was one that I enjoyed because the author left you the reader with the feeling that anything is possible as long as you read. He inspiried me to read more.



Out There

1)4
2)2
3)3
4)2
5)4
6)2, I really did not understand why the man started chasing her on the highway. She did explain why she is "out there" because of her many issues going on in her life.
7)5, I did not see any errors and since this is a published piece I would not expect to see any.



Toward a define of Creative Non fiction

1)3, The author did give good examples of pieces of cnf.
2)4, the pattern was to esblish what should be in a cnf
3)4
4)5, the writer gave multi-perspectives with the different pieces of cnf
5)2.5 some reflection, but not alot.
6)3
7)5, saw no errors. This piece to me seemed like a learning piece. It's function is for the cnf to have a general ideal of what a cnf should look like.



Biography of a Dress

1)5, yes the details in this essay is great. I can see the yellow dress.
2)4.5, Her focal point was the photograph and she gave all aspects of the photo. The time it was taken, the reason it was taken, the labor that went into getting her their to take the photo.
3)4, It showed the layers of the photo. And after reading the deatils of the photo. I, the reader saw the investment in the photo.
4)3,
5)5, She used a lot of detailed, and that is what I enjoyed.
6)4
7)5, no errors


That men should not judge

1)5, very original
2)2.5,
3)4, It did develop my focus. Before I wanted family to remember what I did in my lifetime, but now my death and how my family observers me is now important.
4)3
5)2
6)2.5, I really enjoyed the essay because it gave me another way to see life or rather another way to see DEATH.
7)5, no errors


Shoot the Elephant

1)4
2)4
3)4.5, It made me think what do I do for me or what do I do because I was influenced.
4)3.5, Some what it was mostly his and some of the crowd.
5)3
6)4, What I did get is that the policeman hated his job and his life.
7)5, no errors


My father always said

1)5
2)5
3)4, I understand "In Rindheim, you just didn't do such things".
4)5, The movement was great. I like the history, struggle, and the love story.
5)5
6)5, It was logical and clear. And now that saying carried with it hstory, a feeling of pride, hope, and togethetness.
7)5, no errors


Alive
1)5
2)3.5
3)3, This essay shows that no matter how alert a person can be, "as long as you are alive, you are vulnerable just because you are alive.
4)2
5)3
6)3
7)5, no errors.


Westbury Place

1)4
2)4, The pattern to me was deeper and deeper until the author really saw her reality.
3)4
4)3
5)4, She, the writer, gave good details because I could feel her experience.
6)5, It was logical because after the fires she saw herself connect with her reality by now listening to what was going on in the hallway and her neighbor's apartment. She did not lock her self away in her "fantasy world" by the watching of General Hospital.
7)5, no errors.


Desent

1)5, I think the author shows that people do judge you on apperance. But she was brave enough to step in and defilate a bad situation.
2)3
3)4
4)3
5)3, The essay did start off slow and then it picked up and became interesting.
6)3
7)5, no errors.


Crossing the Border

1)4
2)4
3)5, I like that not only a culture difference, but language too.
4)4
5)4
6)4, It was a good essay because you see the conflict in "Crossing the Border". It was also crossing into a different culture.
7)5, no errors.




sue

No comments: